Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Joy of Manpri's


Ah the joy of manpri's. You know shants, clam diggers, or any other name they may go by. For years they have been considered a fashion faux pas by American "manly" men. Over the past couple of years on our Disney World trips I started to notice that many of the European men were wearing manpris. They seemed quite comfortable, as I would have imagined, and very secure with their masculinity. I started my manpri hunt but came to realize that most Americans were not yet ready to accept this particularly comfortable article of clothing as "mainstream." Those that know me are aware of what little concern I have for the"mainstream' so my hunt continued. Finally, after two years of trying, I found my source. In America we had to come up with a way for these pants to be respectable from the male point of view. So they are called "climbing" pants. Mountain Hardwear. Whatever they are called, I will call a spade a spade. They are MANPRI'S and they are awesome. Don't fear them, embrace and accept them. I love my manpris and always will.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I think the manpris are hot...but then I think you're hot. LOL

Love ya, babe!!

kelli said...

I just saw a pair on a 16 year old guy that we met. It was at a BBQ that some people threw for us to say good bye. The kid was very cool, of course, and he was wearing manpris :)

Kathy G said...

I don't know what I would do without capris in the warm weather. They can go places where shorts aren't dressy enough, but aren't hot like pants.

Maybe you'll start a fashion trend among men?

Robbie said...

Yes Clint, I support the manpri's 100%!! You are such a fearless trendsetter!

Robbie said...

Dude,

Love em. I gotta get some. Thanks for the awesome words on Robins blog. Talk to ya soon. Love ya Geffen

Anonymous said...

Your manpris are awesome, and so is your exictement for wearing them.

Love you

Unknown said...

you couldn't pay me enough to wear manpris....................but they look good on you though.........

love ya

Heather Lewis said...

Oh hell yeah.I respect your fearlessness. MOMMY!!!!

Valerie A. said...

I support the manpri's, I think pirates used to wear them too!

Love you,
Val