Thursday, June 5, 2008

A New Review and a Giant Whatevs

This is a copy of a review of my book that is in the current edition of Midwest Book Review. Having a positive review in this publication is a big deal because Midwest Book Review is very reputable in the publishing community. Here is a part of the review:

Why struggle? It's needless suffering that many people go through with their relationships when they could be happy now. "Relationships for the Intimately Challenged: Connecting with Family, Friends, and Co-Workers to Create a More Joyful Life" is a guide to help all readers make the most of their relationships instead of pettily fighting over the problems that come up through the course of life – to celebrate the joy that is there to begin with to make relationships tighter and more fulfilling overall. "Relationships for the Intimately Challenged: Connecting with Family, Friends, and Co-Workers to Create a More Joyful Life" is highly recommended to community library self-help collections and for anyone who wants more out of their relationships.


I was really excited when I saw this. As we all know, doing something new can be very daunting and scary. One of the best lessons in this whole "I'm An author" thing is that it reminds me to put my money where my mouth is. I talk all of the time about the importance of taking risks and following your passion. This is something that I believe in very strongly. The fact of the matter is that I am a giant wimp. Despite being a wimp and at times wanting to crawl in a cave and hide, I continue to take risks. 
To my fear, I give a giant whatevs. It doesn't need me to feed it. By giving it a whatevs I empower my self to continue to take the risks that are necessary for me to continue to grow and change. I am fortunate to lead a life that enables me to be surrounded all the time with people who tell fear to f-off and give it a loud, resounding whatevs. I love ya'll and have an extraordinarily wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the saying whatevs to my fear. The thing I have loved about your book is that I always tell people how great it is, which for me means that I have to walk my talk with it as well. Love you!

Mrs. Q said...

Dude whatevs!!!!! Love it. I am so happy that your book got the wonderful review it deserves, and YOU deserve!! Thank you for being you and consistently showing and teaching. The book has pushed me to grow and seek fun, joy and passion. And oh yea I love that the little girl from American Idol was a part of the inspiration for WHATEVS...love it. Have a kick booty weekend with your family.