Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Am That Dad!!!!

Shelby At Life Is Good 2010
Oh, sweet Jesus am I "that dad!" This picture should tell you a little bit, but I'll take it a few steps further for the sake of clarity:

  • I am "that dad" who likes his daughter and is pretty sure the feeling is reciprocated. 
  • I am "that dad" who dropped out of high school and is eternally grateful for that decision.
  • I am "that dad" who believes the parent/child relationship is about the relationship between two autonomous human beings, not a power play to show who's boss or a way to form a person into my image.
  • I am "that dad" who thinks spare the rod/spoil the child was a child rearing philosophy created by a d******* f*** so insecure about his own place in the world, he felt it necessary to bully a person for whom he was supposed to provide protection.
  • I am "that dad" who is looking forward to his daughter's teenage years
  • I am "that dad" who sees every day as an opportunity to become closer to his family
  • I am "that dad" who f***s up more than he would like but can admit his shortcomings
I love this carnival! It got me all fired up, my list could be endless. Thanks for the idea Ronnie and Flo!

5 comments:

Ronnie said...

Great post, Clint! The photos are awesome.

Your readers can view the carnival links in the comments on my post.

Cap'n Franko said...

Yeah, boy! We wacky dads gotta tell it like it is and push back against traditional, unthinking, controlling parenting!

gail said...

Very cool, Clint! Hugs to everyone there.

Flo said...

Yes, I love this! My post has several links, too.
http://sumbthucker.tumblr.com/post/850235773/im-that-mom

Clint Stonebraker said...

That's right Frank, I think the others have had their time....