Friday, October 23, 2009

41?



Today is my 41st birthday. Someone asked me earlier today if I "felt" 41. Interesting question. I realize the implied question was "Do you feel old?" I remember asking people the same question when I was younger. My, how things have changed!

As I enter my middle-age years, I realize I have no clue what aging is supposed to "feel" like. Sure, there are physical differences, unfamiliar life challenges, and the growing cognizance of mortality. C'est la vie.

I actually LOVE my 40's so far. I have discovered much about myself in the past couple of years. The cumulative life experience combined with my unwillingness to grow up has made life extremely fun. My wife, daughter, and I have found so much recent adventure. My life is filled with wonderful relationships and fresh perspectives. I am actually looking forward to what's around the corner more now than at any other time in my life.

For those younger, there is much to look forward to. To those who are older, thank you for blazing an amazing trail. For everyone, as we continue to venture along the path of this glorious life, let's continue to guide, teach, and share through all of our experiences!

No comments: