Monday, May 26, 2008

Who Is This Person?

Allowing fear to run our life is like demonic possession. I mean real deal, no bullshit, pea-vomit spewing demonic possession. Any time I have ever allowed myself to become consumed by my fear I seriously do not recognize who I am. The past few weeks have been quite strange to say the least. From dealing with people holding on to sour grapes to friends having to face real tragedy, I am now in a position to put my life in true perspective. To remember what is really important to me is a priority that cannot be diminished. 
A few weeks ago some people from my past resurfaced. Whether this reappearance was due to their becoming aware of my new book or simply that they felt galvanized with a deeper level of hatred and resentment, they resurfaced none the less. They began an attack that primarily centered on harassing e- mails to my employees and employees of similar programs around the country. Pure terrorism. This same situation happened years ago and many of us got really scared, having never dealt with anything like this before. In fact many people became angry and wanted to know how we were going to deal with these people. It has been a great feeling to be connected to the love and support that we all have for each other. 
Last night I turned to Wendy and asked, "Do you think that we are making a bigger deal out of this than what it really is?" She said yes. I knew underneath all of my bullshit fear that only I can choose to buy the wolf tickets these harbingers of terror are trying to sell. I have known all along that these people have zero power. I know that the work that I, and everyone I am associated with, do is unbelievably important and good. We have committed our lives to providing love and genuine healing to people. We have chosen to follow the lead of a man and woman whose love has created an opportunity for us to build wonderful lives for ourselves that are beyond our comprehension. There is nothing of which to be ashamed. There is nothing to fear. There is no one to answer to other than those whose lives rely on our ability to stay out of ourselves and give selflessly. 
I am proud of what I do. I apologize to no one. I am always willing to change, to grow, and to learn. I sure as shit will not allow a few old, resentful, and sad people force me to change anything. My life is mine and I choose to live it riding the comforting waves of love. I commit myself to sharing my spirit with anyone with whom I come in contact. Finally, I assure anyone who happens to read this that I will never allow the power of negativity to stop me from doing what I love. God, however you choose to define it, is everything or nothing. With this awareness we shall always live with the knowledge that we are in the right place at the right time for the right reasons. Although I lose sight of this at times, I always come back. I love all of you and may your bountiful blessings continue always.

3 comments:

kelli said...

***With this awareness we shall always live with the knowledge that we are in the right place at the right time for the right reasons. Although I lose sight of this at times, I always come back.***

I love this. I keep telling myself the same thing. It IS hard sometimes, but I think we'll keep getting better at it :) I am exactly where I need to be.

Mrs. Q said...

Thank you for sharing this. Ypou have no idea how much I loved reading this tonight. Gos is everything that I know. "FACT" There's not alot of words right now but the love is intense. Thanks C

hahamommy said...

Swirly thoughts... Just because they offer the poison, doesn't mean you need to drink it ;D AND a friendly reminder, it's YOUR goat and they can't have it, nanny-nanny boo-boo ;) ♥