Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do What You Love

*This photo has nothing to do with the post, I just like it!*

There are many aspects of my life I absolutely love. My marriage, being a dad, relationships with friends and family, my work, the list goes on and on. I have written and shared a lot lately about our family travels. I want to share a little about why I love my work.

For the past twenty-two years, I have been in service to people in one capacity or another. My career in counseling began in 1987 at a drug and alcohol treatment program in St.Louis called Crossroads. I spent three wonderful years there and grew up a lot. I then moved on to Atlanta to become the program director at Insight, of which I eventually became the owner. I also spent seven fantastic years in Phoenix as the owner of Pathway. I have since sold Pathway and moved back to Atlanta and all of the experiences I have had are valuable.

A few years ago I decided to write a book, Connected: The Art of Building Relationships, because I feel the knowledge I have gained in my counseling career has value to a broader range of people. I have also begun a speaking career and have gotten certified as a coach.

My point is this: I love what I get to do every day. I look forward to the challenge of finding ways to help people. I relish opportunities to learn how I can improve. I am passionate about discovering new tools that benefit my fellow humans on this strange and beautiful journey of life. I believe what I do brings value and I love sharing this with others. How do you feel about what you do?

No comments: